If you’re looking for an easy, filling salad recipe that takes less 20 minutes to make, you’re going to love this lentil pasta salad.
It’s pure deliciousness on the plate and has a firm spot on my family’s menu rotation.
About red Lentil Pasta Salad
One of the things I love about the red lentil pasta salad is that tastes great even if you don’t have every ingredient on hand. And it requires no special cooking skills.
I’ve made it with and without olives as well as with and without artichokes. Both times it was still great. At the end I’m adding crumbled Feta cheese. And it’s something that my family enjoys that the salad is just as good without the cheese.
You’ll love this this salad if you like recipes that are:
- healthy and nutritious
- easy to prepare
- don’t require a lot of prep
- mostly plant-based
- leftovers taste just as good
- can easily be modified
- family approved.
The Red Lentil Pasta Salad checks all those boxes!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read my full disclosure policy.
- Red Lentil Pasta
- Artichoke Hearts
- Dried Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Champagne Vinaigrette
How to make Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Slice olives and add them to the artichoke hearts.
- Unless you have some large pieces, the sun dried tomatoes don’t require much chopping. Add them to the olives and artichokes.
- Once the Pasta has cooked, drain and chill with cold water. Add the pasta to your chopped artichokes, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add your gluten free Champagne dressing and season to taste. Typically, I’ll add a dash of black pepper.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle your pasta salad with some crumbled feta cheese.
Notes and Tips
So if you are a vegan, just skip that step.
Thus far we have no plans to eat exclusively vegetarian or vegan, but most of our diet is plant-based. If you eat fish, you can easily take this dish up a notch and serve it with some broiled salmon.
Check out my super simple and roasted salmon recipe – it pairs exceptionally well with the Mediterranean inspired red Lentil Pasta Salad. We’ve made this dish dozens of times by now and also found that it keeps well for a day or two.
Should you have any leftovers, I recommend you take the salad out fridge 15 minutes before serving. This way the dish can slowly rise to room temperature and be even more delicious on the second day.
Red Lentil Pasta
Love this recipe? Pin it to your SALAD Board!
Follow CREATIVE & PRACTICAL on Pinterest
Buying Red Lentil Pasta
I just wanted to add a word about the ingredients. The closest grocery store to my house is Trader Joe’s and we buy 90% of our groceries at Trader Joe’s.
But that doesn’t mean you have to use Trader Joe’s products.
And if you don’t like store-bought dressings you can easily make your champagne vinaigrette.
The point is that this salad has a lot of ingredients from one type of store, but you’ll have no trouble finding similar products at your local grocery store.
Tools used to cook the Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Cutting Board
- Good Set of Knives (mine were from Costco and are no longer available)
- Pasta Pot (I got a similar one at Home Goods)
- Over-the-Sink Colander
- Salad Bowl (mine is similar but was another Home Goods find)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once the pasta has cooked, drain and chill with cold water.
- Slice the olives in half. Roughly chop the sun dried tomatoes and the artichokes. Combine into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the chilled, cooked pasta with the chopped artichokes, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the Champagne dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pasta salad with crumbled feta cheese.