This kale pesto may just become your new favorite go to recipe for pasta, pizza, and sandwiches!
And because we’re using simple ingredients like walnuts, garlic, and grated parmesan cheese, you’re already likely going to have everything in your pantry.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read my full disclosure policy.
I love how versatile this recipe is. You can use the kale pesto as a sandwich spread or even for dipping.
But my absolute favorite way for using the kale pesto is to combine it with spaghetti pasta. That and some additional freshly grated parmesan cheese and I am in pasta heaven.
Some ingredients can be swapped without any loss of flavor.
- fresh Garlic
- Walnuts or you can also use pine nuts)
- grated Parmesan. Skip the grated Parmesan if you want to make this a vegan friendly pesto.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (avocado oil will work, too)
- Lemon Juice
How to make Kale Pesto
- Wash the kale, and remove the leaves from the stem. Peel clove of garlic cloves.
- Add the kale leaves, fresh garlic cloves, grated parmesan cheese, and walnuts into your food processor. Blend until they are smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and you’re ready to serve.
Love this recipe? Pin it to your Favorite Board!
Follow CREATIVE & PRACTICAL on Pinterest
How To Store Kale Pesto
And if you’re a fan of meal prep, you’re going to love this recipe. Once made, store the pesto in an air-tight container like this one.
How Long Does Pesto Last
The pesto should last in your fridge for about 7 days. Another advantage of making pesto is that it also freezes very well.
You should have no problem freezing the pesto cubes for about 6-8 months.
Tip: If you plan to freeze the kale, simply pour the pesto into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, transfer the cubes into a freezable ziplock bag.
More Easy healthy Recipes
- Wash, and dry the kale. and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Add kale, walnuts, garlic, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.