Lemon Date Balls might just be the perfect, healthy snack. Using just 4 ingredients, you have a no-bake, no-fuzz, non-dairy, sugar free, gluten free snack that’s incredibly tasty.
Sweet and tangy, lemon date balls are perfect for on-the-go or at home.
About Lemon Date Balls
My husband and I have been loving these lemon date balls for weeks. It’s such a simple recipe that takes little time and effort. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar free these treat balls a great for snacking during the day. The tart and sweet flavors are blended perfectly and are going to make you crave more.
Ingredients for the Lemon Date Balls
- (Gluten Free) Rolled Oats. I use Trader Joe’s rolled oats which are
- Shredded Coconut. To keep this recipe really healthy, I recommend to use unsweetened shredded coconuts.
- Dates, pitted. I recommend Medjool dates because they have a sweet, chewy, and rich flavor.
- Lemon. Use both the best of the lemon on the juice. The tartness of the lemon balances the sweetness of the coconut and the dates.
- Salt. You don’t have to add salt to get amazing tasting lemon date balls. But a pinch of salt lifts the flavor.
How to Make Lemon Date Balls
- Add one cup of rolled oats and 1 cup shredded coconut into a food processor. Use the pulse function of the food processor and blend until the oats and coconuts are finely chopped.
- Zest a lemon (you will get about one tablespoon of lemon zest) and juice the lemon. Add both to the oat-coconut mixture.
- Pit, chop, and 3/4 of a cup of dates to the bowl.
- Combine everything with your hands and begin to form small, bite-sized balls. Depending on the desired size, you can expect to get 8-12 balls.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
More Simple Sweet Treats
- Banana Kale Smoothie. This green smoothie tastes like dessert.
- Gluten Free Belgian Waffles
- Best Strawberry Pudding. A childhood favorite.
- The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipes
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3/4 cup dates pitted
- 1 lemon
- pinch salt optional
- Put the rolled oats and shredded coconut into a food processor and pulse until both are chopped into small pieces. Add the mixture oats into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the dates into small pieces and add to the oatmeal coconut mixture. Zest and juice the lemon. Add the zest and juice of the lemon to the mixture. Combine well and add the maple syrup. Optional add a pinch of salt.
- Knead the dough and form bite-sized balls. Serve and Enjoy.