This Recipe: How to easily make roasted sweet potatoes.
Honey (lemon & butter) Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve been following Creative + Practical for a while, you’ve probably noticed that I have a serious weakness for things roasted. But seriously, roasting vegetables is an easy hack to bring delicious flavors to your table!
Additional Cooking Tips
But back to roasted sweet potatoes. This recipe includes both butter and olive oil. That’s not entirely necessary.
If you’re worried about the amount of fat, you can simply decrease the amount of butter. And you can also use an olive oil mister to use less olive oil. I love this mister! 😉
Another way to add some extra punch to this dish is to sprinkle the sweet potatoes with some lemon-pepper. Or you also add a dash of nutmeg after the sweet potatoes are done roasting.
However, at our house we like this version – caramelized and sticky!
3 Nutritional Benefits of Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- High in Vitamin A (can promote good vision, a stronger immune system, and better bone health)
- Rich in Vitamin C (can lower bad cholesterol (‘LDL’), strengthens your immune system, lower blood pressure + so much more)
- High in Fiber (high fiber foods help you to feel full longer)
These are some but not all of the benefits you’ll get if you’ll include sweet potatoes in your diet.
And of course, roasted sweet potatoes are gluten free!
Related Gluten Free Recipes
If you’re new to a gluten free life, check out these easy and delicious recipes:
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles (aka Zoodles) with Baked Cod
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Pear and Mascarpone Pasta (made with brown rice spaghetti)
- Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Put the chopped sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a small sauce pan. While the butter is melting, sprinkle the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Zest and juice the lemon and add both to the sweet potatoes.
- Add melted butter and olive to the mixture. Finally add the honey and combine all ingredients well. Make sure the sweet potatoes are evenly covered.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. I love to serve this dish with roasted salmon.
Sharing is Caring
Do you enjoy roasting vegetables? What’s your favorite fruit, seed, or vegetable to roast? Please leave your comments below. Be sure to snap a picture and hashtag it #creativeandpractical on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.