This easy to make, gluten free waffle recipe is perfect for breakfast. The waffles are crispy on the outside, light and airy on the inside.
About Gluten Free Waffles
For years Belgium style waffles have been a favorite in our house.
Especially since we splurged on this waffle maker: it’s got a hot non-stick catch for excess batter which cooks the excess batter to make little waffle bites. YUM!
With just eight ingredients this gluten free waffle recipe is a breeze to make.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE BELGIAN WAFFLES
- Get two large mixing bowls.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Combine the gluten free all purpose flour Mix, Baking Powder, Sugar, and a dash of salt. Set side.
- WET INGREDIENTS – Slowly melt the butter. While the butter is melting, crack two eggs. Separate the egg whites into the second large bowl. Use the egg yolk and it to the the dry ingredients.
- Crack two more eggs. Add the separated egg whites to the large bowl. Discard the last two egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Set aside
- Once the butter has melted, you add it to the dry ingredients and egg yolk mixture. Next add milk and vanilla extra. Mix well.
- Once you’ve successfully mixed the dough, it’s time to fold in the stiffed egg whites. Carefully, fold the egg whites into the dough. Be sure not to overwork
I like to use an electric mixer but you could use a whisk if you’re in a pinch. Just be sure you’re combining the ingredients very well.
Gluten Free Waffles
Love this recipe? Pin it to your Breakfast Board!
Follow CREATIVE & PRACTICAL on Pinterest
MORE Sweet and Delicious dishes
And if you’re are looking for some simple, yet delicious recipes, try these:
Or check out this constantly growing site full of easy gluten free recipes.
The inspiration for this waffle recipe is from the Pioneer Woman’s recipe collection. I’ve tweaked the original to make it gluten free and slightly less sweet. We prefer a less-sweet waffle … because we like to load it with fresh berries, maple syrup, and whipped cream.
But no worries, it is still as delicious as the original. It’s less sweet than the original recipe.
That’s in part because we like to top our waffles with fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup, or like today lemon curd!
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile combine gluten free flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer at medium speed to combine the ingredients.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Add all four egg whites into a separate medium mixing bowl. Add two egg yolks to the bowl with the batter and combine well. Discard the other two yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until the egg whites are stiff.
- Use a large spatula to gently fold the stiff egg whites into the batter. Don’t overwork.
- Pour the batter into the pre-heated waffle iron. Cook the waffle batter according to the manufacturer’s instructions. – (Our waffle iron is preset to 5 minutes.)