Your family is going to love this delicious dill dip. Made with fresh dill, cucumber, onions, and a combination of greek yogurt and and mayonnaise.
Ingredients You’ll Need
How to make Dill Dip
One thing I love about cold appetizers like this simple dill dip, is that they are easy to prepare. And a lot of times you can make them the day before the event. And this cold appetizer recipe is no exception. This creamy dip can be made in less than 10 minutes. Simply chop the fresh dill and onion. Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds.
The next step is important! Cucumbers contain a lot of water. And you want to make sure that your dip doesn’t get watered down. Therefore remove the seeds from inside of your cucumber. Fun Fact: Cucumbers contain over 95% of water! Which is why they are so low in calories (only 45 calories for an entire cucumber!). And even by themselves, cucumbers are a great snack.
Putting it all together. Combine the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise in a medium sized mixing bowl. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped dill, onions, and cucumber. Combine well and serve. This delicious dill dip just takes minutes to make.
More Gluten Free Cold Appetizers
Living gluten free doesn’t mean we are going to be deprived of flavorful food. This
Can you freeze Dill Dip?
If you make dill dip with just using Greek yogurt, it’ll be perfectly fine to freeze it. But if you’re adding mayonnaise to your dill dip, don’t try to freeze it. Because when you freeze food that includes mayonnaise, the consistency changes. And the mayonnaise will separate during the thawing process. As a result, the dill dip won’t have the right texture and or look very appealing.
How long is dill dip good for?
You can keep the dip in your refrigerator for about 3 days without any problems. If you notice any separation, just give it a quick stir.
What to Serve with dill dip?
- (Gluten Free) Crackers
- Baby carrots, broccoli, celery
- gluten free Pretzels
- bread (check this out gluten free crusty bread recipe!)
- Chop the fresh dill. Next finely chop the onion. Set aside.
- Next, peel the cucumber and cut lengthwise. Cut off the ends of the cucumber. Scoop out the seeds in the center with a spoon. Chop the cucumber into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder. Combine well. Add the chopped dill, onion, and cucumber. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy.